If you’re a WWE fan, then you know SmackDown is the place to be on Friday nights. This week’s episode was jam-packed with hard-hitting action and drama that sets the stage for WrestleMania. From Roman Reigns and Goldberg coming face-to-face before their Universal Championship match to Sasha Banks’ emotional return, SmackDown delivered on all fronts. Stay tuned as we break down the highlights and key takeaways from this can’t-miss episode. You’ll get the inside scoop on the developing feuds and storylines as WrestleMania draws near. So lace up your boots and step into the ring as we recap everything that went down on the road to the Showcase of the Immortals.
Overview of WWE Smackdown Episode 1450
- The show opened hot with Roman Reigns coming out to cut a promo on his upcoming match against Logan Paul at Crown Jewel. Reigns was excellent on the mic as usual, hyping the match and warning Paul not to underestimate him.
- We got an awesome 6-man tag team match with The Bloodline (Reigns, Solo Sikoa, Sami Zayn) facing Drew McIntyre and The Brawling Brutes (Sheamus, Butch, Ridge Holland). This was an exciting match that really showcased everyone’s in-ring skills. The Bloodline picked up the win after some miscommunication between McIntyre and Sheamus.
- Liv Morgan and Sonya Deville had a solid match, with Morgan getting the victory by roll-up pin after avoiding Deville’s finisher. Nice to see the women getting some meaningful TV time.
- Hit Row and Legado Del Fantasma continued their feud with a big 6-man tag match. Legado came out on top here after some good back and forth action between the two factions.
- We also got an entertaining segment with LA Knight and Emma heckling each other backstage. Their odd couple pairing continues to be amusing.
- The main event was a hard-hitting No DQ match between Sheamus and Solo Sikoa. Despite interference from The Bloodline, Sheamus managed to hit Sikoa with a Brogue Kick for the pinfall victory. Great showing from both men here.
Overall, a very solid episode of SmackDown with some good storyline progression and in-ring action. Nice balance of promos, tag team matches, and singles competition throughout the night.
Top Moments and Matches From Smackdown Episode 1450
Episode 1450 of WWE SmackDown delivered exciting action from start to finish. Here are some of the highlights you don’t want to miss:
- The Usos retained the SmackDown Tag Team Titles against Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs in a thrilling match. The champions managed to overcome their challengers after a superkick/top rope splash combo for the win. This hard-fought victory continues The Usos’ record-setting title reign.
- Ronda Rousey made her presence felt by confronting Charlotte Flair backstage. The Baddest Woman on the Planet made it clear she’s coming for Flair and the SmackDown Women’s Championship. This first face-to-face encounter raises tensions before their upcoming title match at WrestleMania Backlash.
- Gunther (the former WALTER) demolished a local competitor in his SmackDown debut match. The Ring General displayed his trademark power and dominance to pick up an easy victory. Fans are eager to see the NXT standout in main roster action going forward.
- Xavier Woods pinned Butch (the former Pete Dunne) in a fun one-on-one bout. Woods countered a roll-up attempt to secure the pinfall win for his New Day partner Kofi Kingston, who was at ringside. This evened the score after Butch previously defeated Kingston last week.
With WrestleMania Backlash drawing near, SmackDown continues to build momentum and intrigue. The latest episode delivered on action, drama and surprises to get fans hyped.
Results and Analysis of Key Matches
- The main event saw Roman Reigns successfully defend his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship against Riddle. This was a solid match that allowed Riddle to showcase his skills, even though the outcome was never really in doubt. Reigns continues to dominate SmackDown as the undisputed champ.
- In a huge upset, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Gunther to become the new Intercontinental Champion. This was an excellent back and forth match. Nakamura countered a powerbomb attempt into a rollup to get the pinfall victory. This was a surprise title change that shakes up the Intercontinental title picture.
- The Viking Raiders defeated The New Day’s Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods in a tables match. This was a fun brawl with some crazy table spots. The Viking Raiders have been on a roll lately, so this win builds momentum as they seem headed for a tag title shot soon.
- Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey battled to a no-contest after Natalya interfered and attacked both women. This furthers the rivalry between these three heading into Money in the Bank. It will be interesting to see if Natalya inserts herself into the title match.
- Madcap Moss defeated Happy Corbin in a surprisingly competitive match. This allowed Moss to get a win after losing to Corbin at WrestleMania Backlash. Corbin attacked Moss after the match, so this feud may continue.
Overall, this was an action-packed episode of SmackDown with some big moments. Reigns continues to reign supreme, while Nakamura’s title win shook things up in the mid-card. The build towards Money in the Bank continues to heat up across the board.
What This Means for Upcoming WWE Storylines
The title changes and events of SmackDown episode 1450 will have major implications for WWE storylines going forward. Here are some key things to watch for:
- Roman Reigns has a new challenger in Sami Zayn. Their match at Elimination Chamber will be must-see TV. Zayn showed he can hang with The Bloodline, so don’t be surprised if he pulls off the upset.
- Ronda Rousey’s open challenge puts her Raw Women’s Championship on the line weekly. Who will step up to try to dethrone her?
- The Usos are still your Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions after Jey Uso’s controversial win. Tensions seem to be building within The Bloodline though.
- LA Knight qualified for the Elimination Chamber match after defeating Rey Mysterio. The loud-mouthed Knight could be a dark horse to earn a title shot at WrestleMania.
- Xia Li defeated Shotzi to stake her claim as the next challenger for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Their budding rivalry should lead to more hard-hitting matches.
- Sheamus and Drew McIntyre overcame The Viking Raiders, teasing a potential tag team. These two bruisers could run roughshod over the division.
The road to WrestleMania always delivers twists and turns. If SmackDown episode 1450 is any indication, fans are in for an exciting couple of months!
Predictions for the Next Episode of Smackdown
The last episode of SmackDown was action-packed, but it also left us with some cliffhangers and questions going into the next show. Here are some predictions for what we might see:
- Roman Reigns will likely address Sami Zayn’s shocking betrayal. Their friendship appears to be over. What will the consequences be for Zayn crossing the Tribal Chief?
- Ronda Rousey needs a new opponent for WrestleMania after beating Shayna Baszler. Could we see Rousey challenge SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair? Their rivalry has been building.
- Drew McIntyre and Sheamus vs The Viking Raiders never got started last week. That tag match should happen on the next show.
- Xia Li interrupted a Natalya match last week. Is WWE setting up a feud between those two? Look for them to clash again.
- Ricochet earned an Intercontinental title shot against Sami Zayn. When will that match take place?
- What’s next for New Day after Big E’s emotional return? The popular trio seems destined for a big WrestleMania moment.
Of course, surprises are always possible on WWE programming. New feuds may emerge while current storylines take unexpected turns. But those are some of the likely directions SmackDown could go after an eventful recent episode. The road to WrestleMania gets more exciting each week!
So there you have it, another jam-packed episode of Smackdown in the books. From the brutal Falls Count Anywhere match between Sheamus and Gunther to the surprise return of Tegan Nox, this show delivered in a major way. Sure, not every segment was perfect, but when you get that special mix of hard-hitting action, shocking moments, and solid storytelling, it’s hard to complain. Now we set our sights on next week, as new feuds develop and existing rivalries continue to heat up. Will Gunther seek revenge on Sheamus? What’s next for Hit Row? Can Liv Morgan get back on track? So many questions, which is exactly what you want to keep fans engaged. That’s the beauty of weekly wrestling television – the story never really ends. There’s always another chapter to explore.