Looking to spice up your next cocktail hour? Look no further! We’ve got five vintage cocktail recipes for you to try.
Whether you love visiting your local speakeasy or want to unwind with a taste of the good stuff, from the classic Old Fashioned to the elegant Martini, these drinks will impress your guests.
Enable your inner mixologist and wow your friends with these timeless concoctions.
The Old Fashioned
You can make an Old Fashioned cocktail by following this simple recipe. The Old Fashioned is a classic cocktail that dates back to the early 19th century, and it’s known for its simplicity and timeless appeal.
- Start by muddling a sugar cube and a few dashes of Angostura bitters in an old-fashioned glass.
- Add a sprinkle of water and mix until the sugar is broken up.
- Next, fill the glass with ice cubes and pour 2 ounces of bourbon.
- Stir gently to combine the ingredients.
- Finally, garnish with an orange twist and a maraschino cherry.
Combining sweet sugar, aromatic bitters, and smooth bourbon creates a perfect balance of flavours. Enjoy this elegant and sophisticated drink at your next gathering!
Moving on from the Old Fashioned, let’s explore another iconic vintage cocktail: the Martini. The Martini is an exemplary mixed drink that has been delighted in for ages. It’s a simple yet elegant drink that’s perfect for any occasion.
To make a Martini, you’ll require gin, dry vermouth, and a lemon contort or olive for embellish.
- Begin by cooling your martini glass in the cooler.
- Combine 2 ounces of gin and 1/2 ounce of dry vermouth in a mixing glass.
- Stir the mixture with ice until well chilled, then strain it into the chilled martini glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist or olive, and enjoy this timeless cocktail. Cheers!
The Aviation is a classic cocktail that dates back to the early 20th century. Its unique blue colour and floral notes make it a visually appealing and refreshing drink. To make an Aviation, follow these steps:
- Begin by combining gin, lemon juice, maraschino liqueur, and crème de violette in a shaker with ice.
- After combining the ingredients in the shaker, please give it a vigorous shake to ensure everything is well-mixed and chilled.
- Next, strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- The final touch is garnishing the drink with a maraschino cherry.
Aviation is a delightful blend of flavours that will transport you to a bygone era. Sip and enjoy this vintage cocktail with friends or at a classy gathering.
To make The Sidecar cocktail, combine brandy, orange liqueur, and lemon juice in a shaker with ice.This is the way you can make this exemplary mixed drink:
1. Rim a chilled cocktail glass with sugar by dipping the rim in lemon juice and then into a plate of sugar.
2. Shake the brandy, orange liqueur, and lemon juice vigorously with ice in the shaker.
3. Strain the mixture into the sugar-rimmed glass, careful not to spill any.
4. Garnish the cocktail with a twist of lemon peel for an extra touch of elegance.
The Sidecar is a delightful drink that perfectly balances the sweetness of orange liqueur with the tartness of lemon juice. The brandy adds a rich and smooth flavour, making it a sophisticated choice for any occasion.
Sip and savour this timeless cocktail and transport yourself back to the glamorous days of the 1920s. Cheers!
Which Vintage Cocktail Recipe Will You Try?
In conclusion, these vintage cocktail recipes offer a delightful trip down memory lane. Whether you prefer the classic and smooth taste of an Old Fashioned or the sophisticated elegance of a Martini, there’s something for everyone.
Don’t forget to try the unique flavours of an Aviation or the tangy sweetness of a Sidecar. With these recipes, you can bring a touch of nostalgia to your next gathering or simply enjoy a taste of the past.