Brave Lens was rebranded to the Brave Lens feature, which Free reverses images Search.
However, many people are still uncomfortable with the new Brave Lens feature, preferring the classic Google Image Search feature.
In this article, we will create methods for disabling Brave Lens for image search and the pros and cons of using Brave Lens.
What is Brave Lens?
Brave Lens is a powerful search tool that allows you to find images online with ease.
It works by analyzing the contents of images and providing search results based on the visual content.
With this tool, you can conduct a reverse image search by simply uploading a photo or pasting its URL into the search box.
Once the image is uploaded, Brave Lens will show you all related pictures on the web.
One of the great things about Brave Lens is that it works across multiple platforms and browsers.
Whether using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, Brave Lens will work seamlessly with your system and works well on mobile devices.
Some Brave users who have enabled Brave Lens may disable this feature in the Chrome browser for security or other reasons. Fortunately, you can change to Google Image Search and disable Brave Lens instead.
How to disable Brave Lens for Image search?
Brave Lens is a browser extension developed by the Brave Browser team that allows users to perform reverse image searches.
However, if you don’t use this feature often, you should disable it.
Follow these simple steps to disable Brave Lens for image search.
- Start Brave Browser on your computer and click on the three dots icon in the window’s top-right corner.
- Next, select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find “Extensions.”
- Click on it to expand the section and look for “Brave Lens.”
When you find Brave Lens, toggle the switch to opt to deactivate it.
Toggle the switch button to disable Brave Lens in your internet browser interface and automatically relaunch your reverse chrome image searchability.
How to Disable Brave Lens Flags through Image Search?
If you prefer to disable Brave Lens through flags in the Brave Browser on your desktop, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, open your Brave Browser.
- Type “brave://flags” in the address bar. It will take you to the experimental features page, where you can find all the advanced settings for your Browser.
- Once on this page, scroll down until you see an option called “Enable Brave Lens.”
- By default, this option is set to “Enabled,” but you can change it by clicking on the drop-down menu and selecting “Disabled.”
When you have finished these steps, Brave Lens will be disabled, and you cannot search for information about images.
Pros & Cons of using brave Lens for Image Search:
Some benefits and drawbacks of using Brave Lens for image searches are listed below.
- Since Brave Lens searches for information about images directly within the Browser, it can be faster than opening a separate search engine.
- Brave Lens’s reverse image search feature is user-friendly and easy to use.
- Brave Lens offers privacy protection by blocking trackers and keeping your searches anonymous.
- It saves time by providing quick results from multiple sources and narrowing down your search with size, color, and format filters.
- Brave Lens eliminates the possibility of copyright infringement by preventing users from downloading protected images without proper consent.
- Using Brave Lens for reverse image searches is that it can be slower than other established tools like Google Images or TinEye.
- The accuracy of Brave Lens search results may vary based on the image being searched and the quality of the search engine used.
Brave Lens can be a convenient and privacy-focused way to search for image information.
However, users need to be aware of its shortcomings and might wish to use an alternative search engine for more complete results.