Monsoon season can be a bit tricky when it comes to clothing choices, but with the right rain-ready ethnic outfits, you can stay comfortable, stylish, and dry. Here are some options to make a splash during the monsoons:
1. Knee-Length Kurta with Leggings:
- Opt for knee-length kurtas in quick-drying fabrics like chiffon or georgette. Pair them with leggings that won’t drag on the wet ground. These outfits allow for easy movement and keep you dry.
2. Anarkali Raincoats:
- Anarkali-style raincoats are a trendy and practical choice. They provide ample coverage and have a stylish flair. Look for raincoats with vibrant colors to brighten up gloomy days.
3. Waterproof Juttis or Sandals:
- Instead of closed shoes, go for waterproof juttis or sandals. They’ll keep your feet dry while adding an ethnic touch to your outfit.
4. Palazzo Pants with Peplum Tops:
- Palazzo pants are comfortable and don’t stick to your skin when wet. Pair them with peplum tops or short kurtas for a chic monsoon look.
5. Water-Resistant Dupattas:
- Invest in water-resistant or quick-dry dupattas that you can easily drape over your outfit when it starts to rain. These dupattas will protect your clothes while adding a stylish layer.
6. Dhoti Pants with Crop Tops:
- Dhoti pants are airy and perfect for monsoons. Pair them with crop tops or short kurtis for a modern and rain-ready ensemble.
7. Umbrella Prints:
- Embrace the monsoon theme with umbrella-printed ethnic outfits. These whimsical prints can be a fun and stylish choice for rainy days.
8. Lightweight Sarees with Blouses:
- Opt for lightweight sarees made of fabrics like chiffon, georgette, or synthetic blends. Pair them with short-sleeved or sleeveless blouses to avoid getting drenched.
9. Waterproof Accessories:
- Consider waterproof accessories like transparent or plastic jewelry. These pieces can add a unique touch to your monsoon ensemble.
10. Salwar Suits with Rain-Friendly Fabrics:
Choose salwar suits made from fabrics that dry quickly, such as synthetic blends. Avoid heavy embellishments that can get damaged when wet.
11. Hooded Kurtas:
Some kurtas come with attached hoods, which can be handy during sudden downpours. They offer extra protection for your head and shoulders.
12. Foldable Trench Coats:
For a fusion of Western and ethnic style, consider wearing a lightweight, foldable trench coat over your outfit. It will keep you dry and add a touch of sophistication.
Remember to also carry an umbrella or a stylish raincoat in case of unexpected showers. Monsoon fashion is all about staying comfortable, dry, and stylish while embracing the beauty of rain-soaked surroundings.
13.Short Kurta with Patiala Pants:
- Opt for short kurtas made from quick-drying materials paired with Patiala pants. This combination is not only comfortable but also a stylish and practical choice for men during the monsoons.
14. Hooded Sherwanis:
- Consider wearing a hooded sherwani or bandhgala jacket with water-resistant properties. The hood provides added protection during sudden rain showers, making it a functional and fashionable choice for men.
Thanks for reading it, and thanks to our partner Ethnic World for their feedback. You can check their collection here https://ethnicworld.co.uk.