You just gotta check out what went down on the latest episode of WWE SmackDown. There was some serious drama with Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar that has everyone talking. Not to mention an insane match between Shayna Baszler and Shotzi that blew people’s minds. And you won’t believe the surprise return of a popular superstar that got the crowd going wild. All this and more in just two hours of jam-packed entertainment. Strap yourself in, because we’re breaking down everything that happened on episode 1450 of SmackDown. You don’t wanna miss this.
Recap of WWE SmackDown Episode 1450
Last Friday’s WWE SmackDown episode was jam-packed with action. Here’s a quick rundown of what went down:
- In the opening match, Sheamus took on Shorty G. After a hard-fought battle, Sheamus managed to hit Shorty G with a Brogue Kick for the win.
- We were treated to a Six-Pack Challenge between Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, and Naomi. There were some great moments, but in the end Nikki Cross eliminated Carmella to earn the victory.
- The Miz hosted another episode of Miz TV with special guests John Morrison and The Usos. Things got heated and led to a tag team match. Despite some twin magic from The Usos, Miz and Morrison came out on top.
- Daniel Bryan faced off against Cesaro. It was an excellent technical match, but Bryan forced Cesaro to tap out to the Yes Lock for the win.
- The main event was a massive Six-Man Tag Team Match with Roman Reigns, King Corbin, and Dolph Ziggler taking on Braun Strowman, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Sami Zayn. After some chaos, Reigns hit a Superman Punch and Spear on Zayn to pick up the win.
There’s always excitement on Friday nights with SmackDown! Tune in next week for more hard-hitting action.
Top Moments From the Show
The November 11, 2022 episode of SmackDown was action-packed from start to finish. Here were some of the highlights:
- Roman Reigns confronted Kevin Owens. The Head of the Table warned KO to stay out of his business, but Owens refused to back down, setting up a huge match between the two at Survivor Series. This tense face-off got the show off to an electric start.
- Shotzi won a fatal four way match to become the number one contender for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. She’ll battle champion Ronda Rousey for the title at Survivor Series. This surprise victory for Shotzi shook up the women’s division.
- The Viking Raiders brutalized The New Day. Erik and Ivar viciously attacked Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods, leaving the popular duo lying in the ring. This violent assault continued the Raiders’ ruthless domination on SmackDown.
- LA Knight qualified for the Men’s SmackDown Survivor Series team by defeating Ricochet. The outspoken Knight backed up his big talk by earning his spot on Team SmackDown in impressive fashion.
With shocking moments, high-stakes matches, and hard-hitting action, this go-home show before Survivor Series delivered in every way. It left fans buzzing about what’s to come at WWE’s fall classic.
Key Match Results and Surprises
SmackDown’s first episode of 2023 was jam-packed with hard-hitting action and shocking moments that will shape storylines going forward. Here are some key highlights:
- In a huge upset, Rey Mysterio defeated Gunther to become the new Intercontinental Champion. The legendary luchador countered Gunther’s power moves and rolled him up for the pin. This ends Gunther’s dominant reign at 155 days.
- The Viking Raiders made an emphatic return by attacking The New Day after their match. Erik and Ivar look to reestablish themselves in the tag team division after being away due to injury. This could lead to a feud between the two popular teams.
- Sonya Deville defeated Liv Morgan to become the new number one contender for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. After the match, Deville attacked Liv and issued a challenge to champion Charlotte Flair for a title match at the Royal Rumble.
- LA Knight qualified for the men’s Royal Rumble match by defeating Mansoor. This was Knight’s first match back since being taken out by Bray Wyatt in October. Knight will now get a chance at a world title shot by winning the Rumble.
- In a shocking betrayal, Hit Row turned on member Ashante “Thee” Adonis and beat him down after Adonis lost his match to Braun Strowman. Top Dolla, Adonis’ own cousin, took him out with a vicious attack. This signaled the end of Hit Row as we know it.
With title changes, returns, new feuds, and alliance breakups, the first SmackDown of 2023 set the stage for big things ahead on the road to WrestleMania. Tune in each week to see how these storylines continue to unfold!
What This Means for Upcoming Storylines
- Roman Reigns’ domination over SmackDown will likely continue. With Logan Paul now aligned with The Bloodline, Reigns has an even stronger crew watching his back. Expect more underhanded tactics and gang beatdowns on Reigns’ opponents.
- The Usos will likely have a target on their backs now. After Jimmy Uso took out Xavier Woods with a steel chair, The New Day will be out for payback. Their tag team championship reign could be in jeopardy.
- Sami Zayn’s status with The Bloodline seems precarious. When will his luck run out? Kevin Owens will likely keep needling Zayn, trying to convince him to turn on The Bloodline. An eventual Zayn face turn seems inevitable.
- Liv Morgan proved she can defeat Ronda Rousey, but can she do it again with the title on the line? Their feud is far from over. Rousey will invoke her rematch clause soon and the rivalry will continue.
- GUNTHER’s Intercontinental Championship run has been dominant so far. Who will step up to challenge him next? Expect a surprise opponent to emerge and push GUNTHER to the limit.
- The Viking Raiders returned with a new look and vicious new attitude. They made an immediate statement by crushing The New Day. The tag team division better watch out for their wrath.
With Summerslam approaching, these storylines will play out in upcoming episodes of SmackDown. Tune in each week for all the drama and surprises along the road to WWE’s biggest party of the summer!
Predictions for Next Week’s SmackDown Episode 1451
- The Usos will likely defend their Tag Team Championships again after that controversial finish with The Viking Raiders. We could see a rematch settle the score once and for all.
- Now that Sami Zayn is officially part of The Bloodline, how will that affect the group dynamic? Will Zayn’s addition cause friction with Jey Uso? Their celebration last week seemed a bit tense.
- Natalya pinned Shotzi to become the new #1 Contender for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. When will her title match with Liv Morgan take place? They have history between them, so this could get personal.
- After hitting Madcap Moss with a chair last week, Happy Corbin claimed he “ended” Moss. But after what we saw at WrestleMania Backlash, Moss won’t stay down easily. Expect him to seek revenge on SmackDown.
- Will Shinsuke Nakamura be able to reclaim the Intercontinental Championship from Gunther? These two had an instant classic match where Gunther took the title. A rematch seems inevitable.
- What’s next for Drew McIntyre after defeating Sami Zayn last week? A feud with Sheamus over the United States Championship would be an intense battle between long-time friends.
There are lots of possibilities for next week’s show following an action-packed Episode 1450. New matches, title defenses, and rivalries should start taking shape on the road to Hell in a Cell coming up in June. Whatever happens, SmackDown continues to deliver exciting WWE action week after week.
So there you have it – the breakdown of what went down on this action-packed episode of SmackDown. From the epic Falls Count Anywhere match between Reigns and Corbin that took us all over the place, to Bayley’s big win over Dana Brooke, to the surprise return of John Morrison, it was certainly a night to remember. While SmackDown has its ups and downs, shows like this remind us why we keep tuning in week after week. The next episode is sure to have some fallout from the events of this one. Will Corbin be out for revenge on Reigns after their brutal brawl? What will Miz and Morrison get up to as a reunited team? There’s only one way to find out – be sure to catch the next episode of SmackDown to see what happens next!